- Guildford Indoor Sports makes it easy for you to get involved, so you can enjoy action-packed, fast-paced fun with your friends, family and work colleagues. We run an 8-a side competition for seniors, on Thursday night and 6-a side on Wednesday night. The first game of the night commences at 6:15pm.
- All our competitions are run from our centres competition management system, providing digital scoreboards and an increased playing experience.
- Indoor cricketers can access their statistics and reports from this management system, so why not sit down and enjoy a cold drink and a laugh with your teammates while you compare statistics.
- At Guildford Indoor Sports it’s all about having fun and enjoying yourself in a fun and social environment. Come in and check out our facility and have a cold beverage in our licensed bars while you’re here.
- Team fees are $90 for 6-a side team and $120 for 8-a side team. ($15 per person).
The Game of Indoor Cricket
- Indoor cricket is played on a rectangular, artificial-grass surfaced court. The enclosed court is approximately 11 metres wide and 28 metres long (with a 4 metre high top net) with tightly tensioned netting. The length of the pitch and size of the stumps are exactly the same dimensions as outdoor cricket.
- Like traditional cricket, indoor cricket involves two batsmen, a bowler and a team of fielders. The bowler bowls the ball to the batsmen who must score runs. The team with the highest score at the end of the match wins.
- Despite these basic similarities, indoor cricket differs significantly from its traditional counterpart in several ways, most notably on the field of play and the means by which runs are obtained
- Each team consists of a maximum of 8 players (minimum of 6)
- Each team bats for 1 innings and bowls for 1 innings of 16 overs (total 32 over game)
- An over consists of 6 balls or deliveries (variations may occur)
- A bowler bowls 2 overs in the game – not consecutively
- Each batting pair bat for 4 overs – even when either batter is dismissed
- Dismissals are a 5 run deduction from the score